So with that amazing recipe in mind I think - "What do I have in my kitchen that could make something similar?"
In my kitchen:
I know that avocado goes well with Gorgonzola but do they go well with re-fried beans? Back to Google I go to see if anyone else has paired these two ingredients together. Right away I get combination gold at Reesha's Eats: Black-Bean-Gorgonzola Bruschetta. Sweet, now I know that I can happily pair these items up.
Now to the kitchen to begin my applied kitchen science.
Re-fried Bean Avocado Shrimp Tacos
- - 1/4 Pound Shrimp (12 -14 pieces)
- - 1 Avocado
- - 8oz Re-fried Beans (half a can)
- - 4 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- - 1/4 cup Gorgonzola
- - 1/4 tsp cumin
- - 1/8 tsp chili powder
- - Juice and zest from half a lime
- - 2 teaspoons of honey
- - 1 tsp of olive oil
- - Salt to taste
- In small bowl combine the re-fried beans, 1/4 tsp cumin and a dash of salt.
- Heat the re-fried beans in the microwave till warm throughout , set aside
- If preferred grill tortillas on the oven over the racks to create a soft taco shape (not required)
- Cut the avocado in half and brush olive oil on. Please on grill and cook till slightly charred. Carefully slice and remove skin.
- Cook shrimp on the grill, add a sprinkle of chili power, salt and lime juice to taste.
- To Assemble Tacos: Layer with re-fried beans, avocado slices then shrimp. Add the Gorgonzola. Finally, whisk together juice and zest from half a lime along with honey. Lightly drizzle over taco filling.
|Making Taco Shells from Flat Tortillas|
In a continued effort to simplify our lives, CJ and I are constantly looking over what we need and what we can sell or donate. This week on the chopping block we sold a pair of work boots that CJ only wore once. We found a couple of other electronic type things that I don't think I can sell (an old router and scanner) so I think I will be dropping it off at the good will. And last but not least, ALL my Wii stuff.
|Farewell My Wii|
Post a Comment