Pasta with Avocado Alfredo Sauce
• 1 avocado
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
• 2/3 cup almond milk (plain)
• 1/2 cup low fat or vegan Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup any beans you have on hand (kidney, white, pinto, black)
• 7 - 8 oz whole wheat or quinoa pasta
• 2 teaspoons of any no-salt seasoning
Cook Pasta and drain.
In a 2qt pan, add avocado and mash with a potato masher.
Add remaining ingredients together on low heat and stir continuously till hot and smooth. You may want to add a little extra almond milk for a thinner sauce.
Once hot, pour over pasta and top with a little basil
Serve with you favorite toasted bread. I sliced up harvest bread from Whole Foods. and lightly buttered them and topped them each with minced garlic and chopped basil. I put them in the oven on broil till toasted. Easy!